This is it, your final day to enroll in the Florida Prepaid College Savings Plan for 2017-18.
This post is in partnership with Florida Prepaid College Plans as part of their Starting is Believing campaign. All opinions are my own and may not reflect those of the company.
What are you waiting for? There will never be a time when you have “enough” to do everything you want (or need) to do for your kids. Just like there isn’t a perfect time to have kids; there isn’t a perfect time to start saving for their college. So just do it! Plans start at as little as $47 a month.
Five Ways to Save $47 a Month:
- Coffee! If you make a trip to the coffee shop every day of the month, skip that trip nine days and make coffee at home instead. At around $5 per trip, you’ll have $45 extra each month to put towards a college plan instead.
- Pack a Lunch! I have one kid who packs lunch each day for school and one who prefers to buy school lunch. It adds up quick if they buy school lunches; we spend about $70 a month just on school lunches for one kid. Give them an extra incentive to pack their lunch half of the time! If you eat out for lunch at work, the tip works for you as well.
- Dine at Home! The average family of four spends $50 at least going out to dinner one time; and that’s without appetizers, drinks, and dessert!!
- Save the Change! Start a jar to collect the change from any cash purchases you make. Don’t touch this money at all during the month and you’ll be surprised just how quickly your change adds up!
- Budget & Plan! It’s amazing how much money you can save when you write down your spending and make an actual plan. Those $5 and $10 purchases will decrease when you are accountable for your spending.
How do you budget for college savings? What tips have allowed you to start saving for your child’s future??
Still have questions about the Florida College Prepaid Plans? If you missed last weeks webinar you can view it anytime on YouTube; watch it here. Spend a few minutes today answering your questions and then go enroll! Today is the FINAL day to enroll for the 2017-18 saving period.
Use coupon code CALLEY1718 and save $25 off the application fee during open enrollment with Florida Prepaid College Plan.