This post is written through a partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market.
It doesn’t take long for the news to spread when something new is headed to your neighborhood. Several months ago some friends circulated a post on Facebook about a new farmers market grocery store that was going in down the street from us. The building has been under construction for months and there are no signs out front yet.
Fast forward to December of last year when one of their communication specialists reached out to me about working on an upcoming campaign to announce the store to the Tampa Bay area. I was very curious to know if this was the same store I had heard about earlier in the year. Is Sprouts Farmers Market coming to Tampa Bay?? Is there really going to be a new place for me to shop locally for natural and organic foods…without having to drive 20+ minutes to “the other guys?”
Yes!!!! Sprouts Farmers Market is opening several stores in the Florida area in 2017; including Tampa! The first location scheduled to open Feb 22nd is in Carrollwood, just north of Tampa.
I’ve honestly never heard of Sprouts before last year and still anxiously awaiting the grand opening so that I can see if it’s as awesome as it looks (and sounds). Sprouts is a healthy grocery store offering fresh, natural and organic foods at great prices. That’s music to my ears. Just look at all that fresh produce….
Confession #1: To be completely transparent with you, I often skip the organic food options because I just can’t stomach the extra costs. There are a few staples that I “try” to always choose organic, but it doesn’t always happen. I do try to always get fruits and veggies that are organic since those don’t seem to cost “too much more” than the regular stuff. I have a hard time spending a ton more on milk and meats though. I’m anxious to see how their prices are on these things so that I can compare them to our regular store.
Confession #2: I hate to shop more than one store and I won’t drive past my regular store unless it’s something really special that I can’t get there. While I do love our regular store, Sprouts is only 2 blocks farther and totally within my range for shopping. I’m just too busy to drive 20 miles to get to some of the other natural food stores in our area. I feel lost when I get there too because some of the food selections are just out of our comfort level. You won’t find kombucha in my fridge, I don’t even know if I could get my kids to drink it….let alone myself!
Here’s some awesome information about Sprouts that truly has me sitting on the edge of my seat:
- Sprouts stores contain around 18,000 products, 90 percent of which are natural or organic. The other 10 percent of products cater to the more mainstream consumer who may be just beginning to explore healthy eating options.
- Sprouts offers more than 1,600 Sprouts Brand items. From everyday staples to innovative specialty items, Sprouts Brand products meet strict quality standards while delivering exceptional value, unique flavor profiles and quality customers can trust. Today, more than half of our private label items are non-GMO or organic.
- Sprouts’ unmatched produce selection is what gives the store its broad appeal. Our produce prices are on average 20 to 25 percent below traditional supermarkets.
Want to learn more? Come back here over the next few weeks (next week we get to try some of their private label foods), follow them on social media (Facebook/SproutsFarmersMarket, @SproutsFM on Twitter, and @Sprouts on Instagram) , and join me for the grand opening of the Carrollwood location Feb 22nd. You can learn more about the company on their website, just click on any of the pictures in this post to get there!
#NewKaleInTown, #SproutsCarrollwood, #LoveSprouts, #TampaBay
Do you have a Sprouts Farmers Market near you? Tell me what you love about them.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market through a campaign to help tell the local community about this new store. All opinions are my own.