What makes a home “Mommy Certified?” I am fortunate to be working with the team at Lennar Homes in Tampa on their Mommy Certified campaign and last week they took a group of us on a tour of their newest communities. We toured the K-Bar Ranch single-family homes and the Meadow Pointe townhomes in New Tampa, just north of Tampa. Their team of New Home Consultants explained what makes a Lennar Home “Mommy Certified!”
Mommy Certified is a campaign by Lennar that highlights the features of a home that moms would be excited about. When you think about some of the features that would make raising a family easier what comes to mind? To start off, Everything’s included. Luxury features, home automation, and environmental features are included in your new home with no extra costs. The design features and attention to detail have really caught all of the key areas that will make parenting just a little bit easier.
About the communities:
K-Bar Ranch is their newest home community in the New Tampa area. New Tampa is near Wesley Chapel, a booming suburb of Tampa. The area has plenty of great schools, shopping and easy access to the city. K-Bar Ranch features beautiful conservation area views, community swimming pool and a playground for the kids. Their homes include both single level and two story homes from 1,738 square feet (3 bedrooms/2 baths) to a spacious 3,777 square feet (6 bedrooms/3.5 baths). Their model homes are the Harwich, which is the largest of their homes, and the Eastham.
Meadow Pointe is a townhome community right in the heart of Wesley Chapel. Meadow Pointe is within minutes of the Shops at Wiregrass; a favorite place to shop and play in the New Tampa area. Meadow Pointe features both waterfront and conservation views from their townhomes and includes a community pool and sports courts. These spacious townhomes range from 1,636 square feet (3 bedrooms/ 2.5 baths) to 1,859 square feet (3 bedrooms/2.5 baths). I was really surprised at how much living space there is in the different townhomes.
A few of my favorite design features:
- Open design concepts so you’re never far from your family. The open kitchen, dining, and living areas are perfect for the entire family to have their own space while still being close enough to keep an eye on your kids. This design is great for entertaining, holidays and everyday life.
- Soft rounded drywall corners on all walls is included on all Lennar Tampa homes. This is not only a luxury look but it’s a safety feature for your family, reducing bumps and bruises from the hard edges in most homes.
- Plugs, plugs, and more plugs! Lennar Tampa has telephone outlets and USB outlets in the kitchen and master bedroom so you’re never having to go far to plug in your phones and tablets. No more fighting over the one plug by the front door; there’s enough for everyone to share.
- Pull-out shelving in cabinets creates easy to access storage in the kitchen. No more digging or pulling out other items to reach something you placed in the back of your cabinets. This feature is standard in all Lennar Tampa homes. I think my Tupperware cabinet just thanked me!!
- Built-in workspace is great for moms to pay bills, answer emails, and the perfect place to drop keys and purses when you get home. It’s also a great homework area for kids who need a quiet environment to study. Complete with a plug and USB port for your devices. It’s the little things like this that will make you fall in love with your Lennar Tampa home.
A few of my favorite eco-friendly features:
- Energy efficient features come standard on all Lennar Tampa homes. This includes stainless steel Energy Star appliances, WaterSense faucets, Low-E glass windows, and other cutting-edge green building features.
- Lennar Tampa homes include R-11 batt insulation on exterior walls to help reduce utility bills. This allows parents to worry less about keeping their Lennar Tampa homes cool during the hot summer months and you can keep money in your wallet.
- Wood and blocks are treated with a Bora Care Termite Treatment stain 24” up from the slab to prevent termite infestation. In Florida this is a HUGE problem for homeowners and most used homes have some type of termite damage.
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic paint on all walls and trim. No need to worry about your paint off-gassing after you move in. Low VOC formula paints help reduce common indoor odors from pets, cooking and smoke. These eco-friendly paints actually improve your indoor air quality by reducing VOC levels from carpets, cabinets and fabrics.
I could continue to show you all of the features that make Lennar Tampa homes “Mommy Certified” but I would hate to spoil the home buying experience for you. Visit a Welcome Home Center at one of the Lennar Tampa communities if you’re looking for a modern, luxury home, with lots (and lots) of space for your growing family. They even have “Knowologists” on duty in each community to answer all of your questions about the area schools, shopping, and even to give you their recommendation for favorite sushi restaurants!
What are the little things that you are looking for in a home? You may also like to read; What makes a house a home?
Disclosure: This post is part of the Mommy Certified sponsored campaign with Lennar Tampa. All opinions share in this post are my own and not those of Lennar.
Great insulation is huge. This is thr first summer since remodeling our old house. We had the attic insulated with new products. It keeps our upstairs attic bedroom probably 20 degrees cooler in summer and warmer in winter. And those pull out drawers in the kitchen cabinets are wonderful top.
Jamie@southmainmuse recently posted..Aging gracefully. Standing Amongst the Sunflowers.