I am so honored to be a part of our growing cloth diapering community in which we all share one mission – to spread the word that modern cloth diapering can be hip, fun, and easy. Modern cloth diapering is no longer limited to pre-folds, rubber pants, and pins. But how do you share this information with your friends, family and loved ones? For me I share it online here on my blog. I share it with friends who are pregnant or have children in diapers. It’s a shame that there isn’t a guide book that I can hand out and share with those friends because I can’t teach them everything that I know in one conversation.
Oh wait, there is a guide book to cloth diapers!
My good friend, Kelly Wels, has been working on this guide book for several years now and I almost cried when I received my advanced copy a few months ago. Changing Diapers – The Hip Mom’s Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering is the essential guide to cloth diapering today. I wish I had this little treasure 3 years ago when I started my search to understand cloth diapering (actually I wish it was available 8 yrs ago when I had my son).
I read every single page and bookmarked some of my favorite sections to reference later. Kelly has been in the cloth diapering industry for over 10 years now and has seen just about everything one can imagine when it comes to cloth diapers. As the owner and founder of DiaperShops.com and KellysCloset.com, Kelly is considered one of the top most experts in the market. She has poured blood, sweat and tears into her business and now into her book. Late last fall Kelly stepped away from her retail store (staying on as a consultant to the new owners) to spend more time with her family and to focus on the Changing Diapers project. I am happy to now be a part of the DiaperShops/Kelly’s Closet family as I assist in their social media and marketing efforts. Kelly has taught me so much but most importantly she has taught me to believe in myself and follow my dreams.
Who was this book written for? Who should own a copy of this book?
- Any family who is considering using cloth diapers.
- Any pregnant woman who may not fully understand all of their choices in diapering today.
- Any (or shall I say ALL) nurses, doctors, midwives, hospitals, OBGYNs, doulas and health care professionals who work with pregnant women and babies.
- Day care centers, nannies and child caregivers.
- Anyone who helps the needy and/or low income families when times are rough.
- Father’s who may be skeptical about using cloth diapers.
- Bloggers, social media experts, and the media (seriously I know a few journalists and news anchors who could learn from this book)
Changing Diapers – A Hip Mom’s Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering is sized just right to make a perfect baby shower gift. I plan on giving it to any friends who are pregnant in the future (along with a cloth diaper or two) so that they can make their own decision on whether cloth diapering is right for them.
- Page 7 “Don’t poo-poo it until you know more”
- Chapter 1: Why Choose Cloth Diapers?
- Chapter 5: Back-to-Work and Daycare Diapering Dilemma
- Chapter 8: Daddies and Diapers – written by Kelly’s supportive husband himself
- Page 191 (Perhaps my FAVORITE page in the entire book) a list of Kelly’s favorite blog resources. Why is this page my favorite? Because I’m one of only 4 blogs that have been mentioned in Kelly’s book as a resource for parents that Kelly recommends. **blushing**
Don’t just take my word on how awesome this book is, Kelly has some amazing endorsements from some of the leaders in the cloth diapering industry. Here is one of my favorite quotes from Jennifer Labit, owner of Cotton Babies.
“In writing Changing Diapers, Kelly Wels has drawn on her years of experience in the cloth diaper industry to create a brilliant resource for any parent interested in cloth diapering their baby. This book is a joy to read, full of “how-tos”, detailed illustrations, checklists and beautiful photos. A perfectly written, helpful resource for any parent!”
Jennifer Labit, Owner of Cotton Babies
Creator of bumGenius, Flip, and Econobum
Buy It Now! Kelly is taking pre-orders for Changing Diapers which will be ready for shipping in just a few more weeks (Sept 2011). All pre-ordered copies will be personally autographed by Kelly making these books even more special to the recipient. The MSRP is $17.95 but if you pre-order with coupon code ECOCHIC you can instantly save 50% making the price of the book only $8.97 each. This is a STEAL!!! Seriously – stock up and give them as gifts for years to come. (Disclosure – I am an affiliate for the Changing Diapers book so I will earn a few cents when you purchase from any of the links on my blog. Thanks in advance for helping pay to keep the lights on around The Eco Chic.)
GIVEAWAY! Would you like to win a special Hip Mom prize package? Kelly will be giving one of my lucky readers 1 Rump-a-rooz one-sized cloth diaper (my absolute favorite brand) along with a Hip Mom temporary tattoo. Giveaway will close on Sept. 6th, 2011.
Disclosure: I received a copy of Changing Diapers for this review. Kelly Wels and I are friends and have worked on several cloth diapering projects together. I was not paid to write this review and the opinions expressed in this post are my own. Affiliate links are included in this post.