Since today is laundry day at the Eco Chic household it’s only fitting that I write a post about Rockin’ Green Soap. Washing cloth diapers is probably one of the most intimidating elements of using cloth. The manufactures are very specific about what NOT to use when washing their diapers and what will void their warranties. What they don’t always tell you is exactly what you CAN use. Since I primarily use Bum Genius I’ll use them as an example. The manufacturer recommendations say to use a detergent that is free of dyes, enzymes, perfumes, whiteners and brighteners. Hmmm….
You can understand why I was so excited to find a detergent formulated specifically for cloth diapers! Rockin’ Green Soap meets all of the manufactures recommendations AND MORE! Rockin’ Green is vegan so even my best friend can use it to wash her clothes :)! Rockin’ Green is phosphate free which makes it…well….GREEN! Green as in eco-friendly, since phosphates can add unwanted nutrients back into our streams and waterways which can affect the wildlife. (I actually studied this stuff in college!)
Oh yeah, and remember that I live in Florida…well we have HARD water! It’s terrible and we have never purchased a water softener. Hard water can leave terrible buildup of minerals in your clothing that you can’t see. This buildup can cause cloth diapers to leak! Rockin’ Green is specifically formulated to work well with both hard and soft water. They even make a Soft Rock version that is better for sensitive skin (a great soap for baby clothes).
I saved the best for last. Rockin’ Green will R-O-C-K you senses too! With a ton of fun smells like Cherry Lemonade you will actually look forward to doing the laundry! I’d love to list all the different scents but that’s part of the giveaway!
I only had a sample of Rockin’ Green but it lasted for about 4-5 loads of cloth diapers. The first time I used it I fell in love. Not only did the Cherry Lemonade scent make me want to shove my nose in my cloth diapers and inhale…but all of the inserts came out bright white. In the entire load there were only 2 inserts that needed a little sun to get rid of some faint stains from some NASTY poops!
BUY IT! You know you want some and I have a coupon to make it a tad bit cheaper! Samples (5/10 loads) run only $2 a bag. 45/90 loads run $13.95 and 90/180 loads run $22.95 a bag! That’s right at 13 cents PER LOAD! COUPON CODE: RockinGreen for 10% off your purchase of Rockin’ Green Soap!
WIN IT! Rockin’ Green is giving away one (1) bag of 45/90 load Rockin’ Green (either Soft Rock or Classic Rock) in your choice of scents! Contest is open to residents of the US only. To enter you MUST visit Rockin’ Green and leave me a comment telling me what your favorite scent is.
1. SHOP Rockin’ Green (samples start at $2) from now until Aug. 28, 2009 and earn FIVE (5) extra entries! Leave me five comments that say “I purchased XXX from Rockin’ Green on MM/DD/YY using the following email address…” Each comment can say the same thing.
2. FOLLOW @TheEcoChic and @RockinGreenSoap on Twitter and earn ONE (1) extra entry. Leave me a comment with your @Name.
3. TWEET about the contest and earn TWO (2) extra entries for each tweet (max 2/day). Leave me a comment with a link to your tweet. Must include @TheEcoChic and @RockinGreen and a link to the contest.
4. Become a FAN of TheEcoChic on Facebook AND share a link with your friends to the contest. Be sure to tell them it’s not just for cloth diapers! Leave me a comment telling me that you are a fan! Earn ONE (1) extra entry.
5. Add my BUTTON to your blog or website. Leave me a comment with a link to where it is posted. Button is located in the right sidebar at the top. Earn ONE (1) extra entry. (Links to your blog have been ended up in my spam comments…I will approve them within one day…please let me know if you don’t see it appear within 24hrs…THANKS!)
Remember CONTEST ENDS on August 28th at midnight (EST). All entries will be confirmed for accuracy.
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS HERE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST!
ECO-ngratulations Maria! You are the winner in the Rockin Green Soap Giveaway! Thank you all for entering!