It’s almost here, 2008! Looking back at 2007 I have made a good effort to make small changes in my everyday life that will benefit the environment; or at least lessen our impact. So what are going to be my environmental resolutions for 2008?
- I’m in need of a new vehicle this year; so I’m going to research hybrid cars and other non-hybrid alternatives to the regular car. I promise right here to stay with something mid-sized and not but a gas guzzler!
- My first home project for 2008 is to remodel our guest bathroom. I am going to try to find a reuse for many of the items that I am replacing; at the very least I am going to find a way to recycle things like the tub, toilet, and vanity. Also when purchasing the replacements I’m going to think green.
- I resolve to use my green bags more often at the grocery store (and other stores as well).
- I want to start a small garden in the back yard. With that garden I also want to start a compost pile and a rain barrel. My garden is going to be organic with no pesticides or chemicals used.
- Continue to replace our incandescent light bulbs with CFLs when they burn out.
So what small steps can you take in 2008? I’d like to hear your resolutions for the environment. Have a great New Years Eve and be safe.