Do you enjoy cleaning your home? I mean REALLY enjoy it?? I personally find that it’s the very last thing that I do each week and usually only if we’re expecting guests. As a mom who works full-time I find that my energy level after work is minimal. To be honest, since I work from the home, work never really ends some days. Pro Housekeepers of Tampa reached out to me a few weeks ago and offered to send a cleaning crew to my house, how could I possibly say no to that??
I’ve used housekeepers 2-3 times in the past 20 years and each time I wonder why I don’t make the leap and sign up for regular cleanings. I’m always so relieved when they leave and my house is always WAY cleaner than I would ever get it. The kids and I will pick up throughout the week, but we usually save the deep cleaning for the weekends. …and by “deep cleaning” I mean I may vacuum, mop, and clean the bathroom sink. The really deep cleaning is saved for before company visits.
Want to try Pro Housekeepers of Tampa?? Use coupon code BACKTOCALLEY and save 15% off your first service.
Here are just a few ways that housekeepers clean better than you (or at least they clean better than me).
1. Dust Ceiling Fans – Pro Housekeepers will clean your fans every time they visit your house. This is usually something that will only get done about once a year if I’m cleaning because a) I’m not getting the ladder out, and b) the fans rarely are in the “off” mode!
2. Hand Wipe Knick-Knacks – Pro Housekeepers includes dusting and cleaning knick-knacks and picture frames with every cleaning. This includes all those tiny things that reside on your mantle and bedside table. The only time these get cleaned is when I’m setting up the holiday decorations in November!!
3. Detail Clean Baseboards – No more dust bunnies on the baseboards, Pro Housekeepers will wipe those clean for you. Again, another step that I always forget while doing my regular cleaning.
4. Clean Microwave – Ok, so this gets done about once a month normally but I can never get it as clean as Pro Housekeepers did. I’m still not sure what they did differently, but it was just like brand new on the inside.
5. Clean Appliances – I didn’t even ask and they cleaned the inside of my oven!! You may recall that Lindsey and I attempted to clean the oven a few months ago with some Kitchen Hacks we say online; well Pro Housekeepers cleaned the oven 99% better than that!!
6. Dust and Clean Blinds and Curtains – I put this right up there with fan blade dusting, this only happens a few times each year!! Pro Housekeepers left my dingy wooden blinds looking white again.
7. Dusting Window Ledges – Windows and ledges usually only get cleaned when company is coming over. Pro Housekeepers includes dusting of window and door ledges in their regular cleaning. For just a few dollars more, they’ll even clean the inside windows for you.
8. Change Bed Linens and Make Bed – This one was really funny actually, I had just started a load of laundry washing our sheets and had the dirty comforter laying on the bed waiting for the second load. We just got a king sized bed so we only have one bedding set. They actually made the bed up with the dirty comforter and it looked so pretty!!! I couldn’t bare to tell them it was dirty and that I needed to wash it a few minutes after they left. I wasn’t expecting that one.
9. Wipe Down Cabinet Doors – In both the kitchen and the bathroom the cabinet doors were wiped clean and no more dust bunnies could be seen. The kitchen is usually grimy from kids dirty hands or from random food that spills over. While I try to wipe them each week, realistically it only happens about once a month.
10. Fold Your Dirty Laundry – Another funny story, just like the dirty sheets and comforter, I had a stack of dirty towels that I tossed on the bed (so they could clean the floors). When Pro Housekeepers had left, I found the stack of towels were folded nicely and stacked in a basket at the foot of the bed. I had to laugh because they had no idea they were dirty!! If you do need help with your laundry, they do have add-on services to help with this.
If you decide to give Pro Housekeepers a try, you can hire them for regular cleanings or specialty cleanings (moving, deep clean, etc). There is a discount on pricing for more regular cleanings, up to 20% less for weekly cleanings. For my average size ranch home, Pro Housekeepers sent a crew of 3 to clean for about 2-3 hours. I only had them clean the living room, dining room, kitchen, guest bath, and master bedroom. The kids rooms are TRASHED and I didn’t even have time to pick up their messes before the cleaners came.
Pro Housekeepers gives back to the Tampa Bay area. Every time someone schedules a cleaning, Pro Housekeepers will donate 2% to the Moffitt Cancer Center!
Have you ever used a housekeeper? What do you find that they do better than you??
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.