It’s holiday gift season and if you’re like me, it can be hard to think of creative gift ideas for a new mom, baby or toddler. The parents may not want to ask for things that they actually need for the baby and the baby may not need too much right now. The first few years of gift giving may seem impossible, but they are actually quite easy since the baby (or toddler) hasn’t started asking for things yet.
This post is sponsored by the Florida Prepaid College Board, through my role as a Believer Blogger.
10 Gift Ideas for a New Mom, Baby, or Toddler
- Florida Prepaid College Plan – Give the greatest gift you can provide to any child, the gift of education. A baby doesn’t need much in the first few years, but they will be very grateful for this gift for years to come.You can start a college savings plan as soon as your child is born or anytime before they start college. The earlier you start, the less you’ll have to invest each month. Plans start as low as $46 a month. Open enrollment period to the Florida Prepaid College Plans are from October 15, 2015 – February 29th, 2016. For anyone who opens a new Florida Prepaid college plan using promotional code BLOG1516, Florida Prepaid will send you a free gift just for signing up.
- aden + anais Cuddly Companion Gift Set – a super snuggly stuffed toy and a soft swaddle blanket. This gift set is a perfect new baby gift, but even an older child will love to snuggle up to their new stuffed friend.
- eco-kids art supplies for baby & toddler – Finger paint is safe for a baby to start using around 6 months of age and can be enjoyed through toddlerhood. eco-kids has a full line of baby and toddler craft supplies that are safe enough for those wandering hands that always end up in the mouth.
- Lillebaby Doll Carrier – For the older toddler or small child, they may want to wear their baby doll just like mommy (or daddy) wears them.
- Logan & Lenora Organic Neckerchief Bib – 100% organic cotton bibs are perfect for those drooling babies and incredibly fashion-forward. Fits from 0-3 yrs old.
- Books, Books, and More Books (affiliate link)- No matter what the age, moms & little ones love to read. Both of my kids have been read to daily since they were babies and they are very passionate readers in school.
- Diapers – Diapers are one of the biggest expenses that parents face with their babies, plus cloth diapers are absolutely adorable and make good gifts.
- Clothing – Babies grow fast and Project Pomona has a solution for you, Grow With Me Jeans! These little jeans are made to fit for 6-9 months at a time with their unique grow-with-me cuff and adjustable waist snaps. Not only are they functional, they are adorable with their patterned cuffs.
- Baby carrier – A good soft structured baby carrier or wrap can be an investment that some new families just can’t make. They are a necessity, but can make life with a growing baby so much easier and allows you to carry your baby while you multitask. A carrier allows families to leave the bulky stroller at home and shop while their baby sleeps or looks out at the world around them.
- Timi & Leslie Diaper Bag – Spoil the new mom with a fashionable diaper bag, that is so pretty no one will know there are diapers and baby essentials inside. Mom will want to continue to carry this bag for years to come.
We all know that no matter what we get the baby or toddler, all they really want to do is play with the box! Be sure you get a nice sturdy box with lots of colorful wrapping paper and ribbons. Fill the box with lots of tissue paper too, they will love to pull it out and toss it around the room.
What are some of your favorite new mom, baby or toddler gift ideas for the holiday?
Blog disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Florida Prepaid College Board, through my role as a Believer Blogger. Affiliate links are present in this post. All thoughts are my own.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.