MommyCon is coming to Orlando on Saturday, May 23rd and I’ve been looking forward to this day for the entire year. You can view the entire agenda and schedule of events on the MommyCon Orlando website. If you’ve never been to a MommyCon before, be sure you wear comfy shoes because there is a lot to do and even more to see.
1. Attend a few seminars. I’m planning on listening to the Cloth Diapering 101 seminar with Cotton Babies, Comedy Hour with the Honest Toddler’s Bunmi Laditan, and Dear 25 Year Old Me with Jill Krause from Baby Rabies. Be sure to check the schedule and mark the seminars you want to attend, the day moves very quickly and you might not get to see everything if you’re not organized.
2. Shop the marketplace! There are lots and lots and lots of vendors at MommyCon. If you’re looking for cloth diapers you’ll be happy to know that AppleCheeks, Thirsties, Smart Bottoms, Lalabye Baby, and Spray Pal will all have booths with product for you to buy during the event. Bring money…lots of it…because you’re going to want to take home one of everything! You’ll also find babywearing and other baby & kids vendors in the marketplace.
3. Become one with your menstrual cycle! If you haven’t made the switch from disposable tampons to reusable menstrual cups, you’ll want to listen to Kim Rosas speak at 1pm. Look closely during the day and you may spot a few #vagangelists around MommyCon, I hear all three of the #PutACupInIt girls will be there!!
4. Let your kids play in the ezpz & Wee Can Too finger paint room. Try out the new ezpz Happy Mats and Happy Bowls. You’ll be amazed at how well they stick to any hard surface…and can’t be removed easily.
5. Visit the Cloth Diaper Resource Center. Touch and feel all the different styles of cloth diapers and decide which cloth diaper style is right for your family. There are prefolds, flats, covers, wool, pockets, AIO, hybrids, trainers, and swim diapers available for you to look at before you buy (in the marketplace or online).
6. Don’t forget your swag!! There are goodie bags for all attendees and giveaways in the afternoon. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the loot you get to take home from the sponsors.
7. Get social! Meet other families in the area with similar lifestyles as yourself. Be sure to take lots of pictures during MommyCon and share them on social media. Be sure to include the #MommyConOrlando hashtag on your posts and pics.
8. Find me and give me a hug!! I’ll be floating around the different seminars, workshops, and vendor booths. I’m also volunteering at the Cloth Diaper Resource Center. I’m a bit of a social butterfly so please stop me if you see me! I can’t wait to meet you all. Need help finding me? Tweet me @TheEcoChic and I’ll find you!
Upcoming MommyCon Dates & Locations:
August 22nd – Washington, DC
September 19th – Columbus, OH
November 14th – Newport Beach, CA
November 21st – Seattle, WA
Disclosure: I am attending MommyCon for free as a MommyCon Journalist and Volunteer. I promise you’ll have fun and all of my statements above are my own.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.