This post is sponsored by Project Pomona and you can enter to win some amazing prizes (over $1200 worth) if you scroll to the bottom! Good luck!
I have a huge secret for you…
Cloth diapering a baby is easy!
If you’re new to cloth diapering and just starting to do your research you may be a little overwhelmed. I’m going to share with you some of my secrets so that you won’t be scared any longer! I promise, you can do this!!
1. Start with the basics! There are a LOT of different styles of cloth diapers, but the main ones you need to know in the beginning are pocket diapers, all-in-one diapers, and diaper covers with prefolds. Pocket diapers are the most popular style because they are so versatile. All-in-ones are the easiest style and the style that is most like a disposable diaper; however they tend to cost the most. Covers with prefolds are the “old fashioned” style diaper and the most cost effective. Pick the style that best suits your financial and personal preferences and get a few to make sure you like them. As long as you are purchasing from an authorized retailer of cloth diapers, they should be able to help you decide which style is best for you. Send them an email, make a phone call, or visit them on social media for help. Stay away from ebay and any “deals” that look “too good to be true” because those are likely knock-off brands from un-reputable sources. My favorite store is Kelly’s Closet.
2. Don’t be afraid of poop! If you have a baby, you’re going to have to deal with poop eventually! Cloth diapered poop just goes right down the toilet instead of to the landfill. With the help of diaper liners, diaper sprayers, and cool inventions like Spray Pal – you’ll quickly find out that it’s not as bad as you expected! The one advantage to cloth diapering is that you’ll rarely ever have a blowout like you may with disposables! Trust me, blowouts with disposables are disgusting!
3. Cloth diapers are adorable! Have you seen some of these adorable cloth diaper prints and colors? Funky Fluff’s new Love Bug, GroVia’s Pudge? Thirsties new Sweetheart print? Smart Bottoms Fantastic Hipster Fox? There are new colors and fun prints coming out all the time. During the warmer months, you don’t even need to put pants on your baby because the diapers are fashionable! During the colder months you can cover up with special jeans with a little more room in the bum (like Pomona Pants by Project Pomona). Just be careful, cloth diapering can be addicting!
4. Cloth diapering will save you so much money and stress! You will never have to run to the store because you ran out of disposables! You’ll never have to worry about how much money that pack of disposables will cost you. You can cloth diaper very economically if you want; with as little as $100! Now that won’t get you all the fun new prints and the most popular styles, but it will work! Realistically, if you get a set of 24 one-size pocket diapers you’ll have enough diapers for your baby and you could spend as little as $300-500. Depending on where you shop you’ll also earn rewards and you can use coupon codes for free diapers!
5. The cloth diaper community is helpful and supportive! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Facebook group for parents who use disposables to chat about their diapers all day, have you? There are hundreds of cloth diapering groups on Facebook, tons of blogs, and local meet-up groups full of parents who love to talk about their diapers. The cloth diaper community sticks together and is there to help you if you ever have questions or problems. Just ask!!
Are you ready to hear about those prizes I mentioned? Project Pomona has organized their annual “It Could Be Love” giveaway with over $1200 worth of prizes. Here is a peek at what you could win:
Project Pomona: $100 Gift Card to Project Pomona
Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot: $50.00 Gift Certificate (Free Shipping Can/USA)
Funky Fluff: Cloth Diaper in winners choice of fabric and print/color ($20.99 – $22.99)
Cotton Babies: 2 bumGenius 4.0 cloth diapers – solid colors only, 1 bumGenius Outing Wet Bag ($48.85)
Spray Pal: 1 Spray Pal Splatter Shield ($25)
Shop Teenie Greenies: (1) Ju-Ju-Be BFF in either Tokidoki The King’s Court print or Hello Kitty Tick Tock print ($170)
Logan and Lenora: Mini Wet Bag in ZOOM ($19.50)
BabyKicks: Premium Pocket Diaper in Snaps ($21.50)
BALM! Baby: “Baby Lover’s Bundle” 1 BALM! Baby Butter, 1 BALM! Baby Fresh out of the Tub Baby Wash & Shampoo, 1 Taylor’s Spritz Rose Room & Body Freshner.
Momme Meals: 4 Delicious Bags of Go Chews ($40)
Geffen Baby: 1 Hemp Fleece Fladdle (flat/swaddle) ($11.99)
Gro-Via: 1 GroVia Hybrid Cloth Diaper Snap Shell in choice of Topaz or Lotus, 1 GroVia Hybrid Cloth Diaper 2-Pack of No-Prep Soaker Pads ($51)
GEN-Y Diapers: Next GEN Universal Cover, Size Large, Sucker Punch Print ($21.99)
Smart Bottoms: 3.1 All-in-One Diaper, Winner’s Choice ($25)
Thirsties: One Size All in One Diaper ($19.75)
Little Things Collective: Diaper Dawgs Spray Collar ($14.95)
Forever Gingerbread: 1 Large Forever Gingerbread house ($50)
Tushie Ties: 3 Pack of One Size Bamboo Velour Cloth Diapers ($45)
Boingo: Starter Pack: 4 Sets of Boingo’s, 6 EcoMax OS Prefolds ($85)
REcreate Designs: 1 Pair of Fancy Pants ($26)
Drop Everything: Young Living Premium Starter Kit: Home Diffuser, 10 Everyday Oils Kit: Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Melaleuca (tea tree), PanAway blend, Purification blend, Thieves blend, Joy blend, and Stress Away blend…and more ($300)
To enter: Fill out the Rafflecopter form below and visit Project Pomona on Facebook for even more fun and prizes!!
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Project Pomona and the many sponsors of the It Could Be Love giveaway.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.