This post is sponsored by Maxwell Designs. Keep reading to find out how to enter to win your own reusable zippered snack bag like the one shown here!
Have you ditched disposable snack and sandwich bags from your life yet?
What are you waiting for? Disposables are such a waste of money, single use plastic, and destined for the landfill (if they made it that far). Many disposable snack bags don’t even make it to the landfill and end up littering the streets and eventually finding their way to our waterways and endangering wildlife. There is a simple alternative – reusable zippered snack bags!!
With kids going back-to-school this month, it’s a great time to add a few snack bags to your lunchbox arsenal and a simple step in “going green!” These bags are latex-free, BPA-free, and do not contain DEHP, formaldehyde, brominated flame retardants, or lead. I bet you didn’t even think about what was in those disposable bags, did you?? These bags are fabric on the outside and waterproof on the inside; perfect for no-mess, leak-free school lunches!
…but they aren’t just for lunches!
10 Uses for Zippered Snack Bags
- Snacks, Sandwiches, and School Lunches – of course you can always use them as intended for storing your snacks to school with your kids. Even slightly moist snacks (think grapes or peanut butter & jelly) will stay contained within these waterproof little bags and keep your lunchbox dry!
- Headphone storage – My kids are required to have a set of ear buds or headphones for school now, labeled with their names so they don’t get lost. I like to send my kids with something a little more durable that will last all year and be fun.
- Change Purse or Wallet – Snack bags are the perfect size for stashing your change, a few dollars, and ID for quick trips to the store. They are also a convenient way to send money to school with your kids so they don’t lose it. You’ll always find one of these inside my purse with a few essential items.
- Tissues or Wet Wipes – Again, this would be a neat way for kids to carry tissues and wipes to school with them. You can even add slightly damp wipes for the diaper bag or purse – perfect for wiping messy faces and hands.
- Sunglasses and Glasses Case – I don’t have a good hard case for my glasses so I stick them inside a zippered snack bag so they don’t get scratched. It won’t protect them from getting squished so be sure to put them in a safe place.
- Coupon Case – Keep all your coupons or gift cards in one place. Next time you are at the store you’ll know right where to find them!
- Makeup Case – I don’t carry much makeup with me in my purse, usually just a lip balm (or glass) and powder. There’s enough room for a makeup brush and a few other key items if you like. No more powder on the bottom of your purse.
- Nursing Pad Carry Case – Safely carry your reusable nursing pads (dry or used) and keep them clean inside your purse. Perfect for the working mom to carry in her purse for when she needs to swap out a drenched pair at the office.
- Mama Pad, Cup, or Menstrual Case – Again, keep clean or soiled menstrual products discreetly in your bag without making a mess or getting your purse dirty. Interested in reusable menstrual products? Click here!
- Business Card Case – I can NEVER find my business cards when I’m at a conference or trade show. Plus, you are handed a bajillion of them that usually end up scattered in the bottom of your bag. Keep them all organized and in one place inside a zippered snack bag!
Maxwell Designs snack bags are available in medium (6.5X6.5″) and large (9X6″) sizes, and in a variety of different prints. These are perfect for both kids and adults and under $10 each. Get a few, because you’ll find a million more uses for them. Shop today and save 15% off any snack bag at Maxwell Designs – just enter coupon “snack15” at checkout. Valid 8/12/14 only.
Would you like to win this adorable Foxy zippered snack bag from Maxwell Designs? Follow the steps in the Rafflecopter form below.
Disclosure: I am a Maxwell Designs ambassador, this post is sponsored by Maxwell Designs. Affiliate links are used in this post. The opinions in this post are all my own and not that of the sponsor.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.
I love the picnic blue!
Xiomeeks recently posted..Vacationing in Deerfield Beach
Crystal H says
I have a lot of makeup bags from my Ipsy subscription and I use them for all of these things (except for food…I definitely need these for snacks). These bags are adorable!
Crystal H recently posted..Depression and Suicide #RobinWilliams
Shauna K says
The Foxes Orange & Grey is my favorite! It caught my eye as soon as I saw it on this post- too cute!! Thanks so much for hosting this giveaway and introducing me to a great new Etsy seller!!
Shauna K recently posted..Holy Night Teals
I love these bags!
Jill S says
i love the picnic purple but the foxes would be so whimsical for my daughter for school!
Jill S recently posted..The next big thing in cloth diapers?
I love the foxes print best!
Trisha W says
I like so many of them… Maybe the Love Wine print is my favorite.
I have a tough time deciding 🙂 Foxy for me, airplane for my boys and scooters just for fun!!
Joanna R. says
I like the pink deer print!
I love this idea to store crayons, or in my son’s case, lego mini figures that must tag along wherever we go. Sturdy, portable, and waterproof. Love it!
Agnes O. says
I like the foxes or the apples 🙂
Love the foxes!
Theresa Lyon says
I haven’t made the switch yet but want to try! This would be a good time to.
Theresa Lyon says
Jennifer Tilson says
I like the Elvendale print.
Tara E says