While searching aimlessly on Pinterest one evening I found a few pictures of chocolate covered bananas (like this one from Little B Cooks) and knew that my entire family would devour them. My dear sweet husband recently found something similar in the freezer section of the grocery store but I hate buying things that are processed and pre-made. I decided to tweak the recipe just slightly and add our own flare to it. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 1 cup of fairtrade organic chocolate morsels
- ½ cup of Nutella (or peanut butter would work well too)
- 1 cup of toffee chips
- 2 fresh bananas
- Peel and slice bananas into 1-2" wide pieces.
- In a small glass bowl melt chocolate morsels and Nutella (microwave or stove top).
- Stir mixture until smooth and well blended.
- Place banana slices on a lined cookie sheet and spoon on a tablespoon (aprox) of chocolate mixture over the bananas.
- Top with toffee chips.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Wait until the kids go to bed and then enjoy your snacks and whatever you do - don't share!
OK, I did end up sharing these with the family and I think they approved because there wasn’t anything left after our little after dinner snack. You could really top them with anything. I think next time I’ll mix chocolate with peanut butter and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. What would you top them with?
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.