We’ve been enjoying our passes to Disney World and some of you have asked me to share some tips to make visiting Disney with kids more fun – and less stressful. Admit it, the one thing that you dread is standing in line for hours on end with kids who are bored. One of the advantages of living in Florida and having passes is that we don’t have to do everything in one trip. Enjoy this short video with some of our tips for avoiding lines, skipping lines, and entertain your little one’s while waiting in lines.
You can view this video on YouTube here: Tips for Managing and Avoiding Lines at Disney World
- Pick the popular rides that you want to see before you get to Disney.
- Do those popular rides early in the day, late in the day, or during a slow time (like during parades and fireworks).
- Get a Fast Pass for popular rides to avoid standing in lines.
Things to do with no (or little lines):
- Every park has a few rides that aren’t as popular (or new) that will have less wait times. Our favorites include Mickey’s PhilharMagic and the Carousel at Magic Kingdom.
- While visiting Epcot the parents like to stroll around the World Showcase (which has only a few rides). Let the kids take the Phineas and Ferb; Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure while you enjoy the food and drink in the different countries. Kids can pick up a cell phone at several locations in the Showcase and go on their own adventure within the countries.
Entertaining the kids while waiting in lines:
- Hunt for Hidden Mickey’s while waiting in line. You can either hunt for them on your own or find clues on HiddenMickeyGuy.com or by using the Hidden Mickey iPhone app.
- Act or talk like the characters from the ride you’re waiting in line for. Our favorite is talking like pirate’s while waiting in line for Pirates of the Caribbean.
Our families best tip is to try and relax and have fun while at Disney. Neither you or your kids will have much fun if you’re standing in line all day miserable. Make the most out of your time and make it magical!
For more tips of traveling to Disney with small kids check out my other posts:MomSelect and MomTV.com.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.