With back-to-school officially underway in our household I thought I would share with you some tips for packing a waste free school lunch (or one with minimal waste).
- Use reusable lunch boxes and bags
- Use only non-toxic, PVC free, and BPA-free items
- Use cloth napkins
- Use reusable forks and spoons
- Use refillable drink containers
- Use refillable food containers
- Buy in bulk
- Use fresh food
To read more about each of these tips please visit Green Child Magazine where I share these tips and some recipe ideas in the Back-to-School issue, Packing a Waste Free and Healthy Lunch.
What steps do you take in your family to pack a greener lunch? Do you kids help out and think it’s fun?
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.