5 Things You Should Never Throw Away
When it comes to crafting with kids you can find a lot of fun resources in the trash. I wish I could say that I don’t generate any trash at all but it’s the real world and we do make trash. Here are some of our favorite upcycled crafting items:
- Toilet paper and paper towel rolls. These cardboard tubes can be so much fun to craft with. There are hundreds of uses for them like wall art, puppets, rockets, and more.
- Milk jugs. Plastic milk jugs can be used in the garden or you can cut it up to create a mini-wallet.
- Magazines. Cut them up and roll them to make beads, bracelets, or picture frames.
- T-shirts. The possibilities with t-shirts are endless especially if you are handy with a sewing machine. Make scarves, headbands, bracelets, or produce bags with just a few simple steps.
- Newspaper. Use the newspaper to protect your table from toddler painting, use it as gift wrap, or roll it to make fancy flowers you can use in frames and wreaths.
Visit my Pinterest Upcycling Crafts board for more fun ideas on how to use trash to create eco-craft project suitable for adults and kids.
To learn more about eco-crafting listen in to the Fave Crafts Blog Talk Radio program April 10th at 11am ET. The host for the show is Amy from Mod Podge Rocks and I’ll be joined by some of my eco-friends, Lisa from Condo Blues and Becky from Crafting a Green World. I can’t wait to talk trash and crafts with these great ladies. If you missed the show you can listen to the Fave Crafts archives at your leisure. During the show I mentioned a t-shirt skirt that I made for my daughter and I found the link – Trash to Treasure T-shirt Skirt.
To see some of my upcycled craft projects check out my designer profile on the Fave Crafts website. I’m working on a guest post for them soon too. Guess I need to get busy crafting some good green fun with my kids.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.
Linda American Toy Boutique says
Great Ideas! We have been looking for ideas on how to make things with some of this stuff.