Would you like to know the very latest happenings around the cloth diapering community? I thought so!
For starters, let me say that while I may not get my blog updated as much as I like I am still very active in the community. You can find me most days on Facebook where I moderate several cloth diapering community pages including my own. I can also be found blogging for other companies and appear as a guest of a few blogs as well. I’ll try to do better with cross posting here so you don’t miss a single article from me.
News from this week:
- Wednesday night Kim Rosas from Dirty Diaper Laundry hosted an amazing Twitter Party for the Giving Diapers, Giving Hope organization. The community raised over $1,500 so far in their fundraising efforts to become an official non-profit and to continue supporting families in 2012. You can read more about the campaign on Dirty Diaper Laundry and enter to win some amazing prizes through Feb. 14th on her Facebook fan page. To review the community tweets on this campaign follow #GivingHOPE. They are always accepting donations of any size – even $1 can help! Oh, and be sure to wish Kim a Happy Belated Birthday!
- Jennifer Labit, the founder and owner of bumGenius and the Cotton Babies line of products met with Congresswoman Rosas DeLauro this week in Washington, DC to discuss the DiaperACT and what steps we can all take to ensure that cloth diapers are included in this legislation. Watch Jenn’s blog for a follow up post soon with additional information about her visit and follow her on Facebook for real time updates. << Updated post has been published about how you can Share Your Story to Help Support the DiaperACT.
- Kelly Wels reveals her all new Cloth Diapers Ambassadors Team including some of my favorite bloggers (and friends). Are you following all of her Ambassadors yet?
- Get Ready! It’s time to start planning for the Great Cloth Diaper Change 2012!! The Real Diaper Association is accepting early bird applications for 2012 hosts until February 29, 2012. If you are in the Tampa area you can already register for our 2nd annual event organized by Tushie Ties cloth diapers and a few guest appearances (perhaps myself AND Kim from Dirty Diaper Laundry) on April 21st at the Great Explorations Children’s Museum!! Be sure to follow all the action on our Tampa Bay Area Facebook Page for the GCDC.
My posts around the web:
- Cloth Diapering 101: How to Prep Cloth Diapers on the DiaperShops.com blog. Be sure to read the follow up by another guest author on Prepping for Cheaters.
- 5 Steps for Successful Potty Training on the KellyWels.com blog with my graphical introduction post here.
Recent Cloth Diaper Articles & Reviews:
- Did you read my review of the mabu baby eco diapering system last week? I talk briefly about why selling cloth diapers at Wal-Mart can be beneficial to the community. I’m still working on another post about why I think it’s a bad idea too (with every good there is typically a bad side also).
- I’m still a few days away from posting my review of the ones&twos AIO system but you can watch a brief video from another blogger, Tara from Padded Tush Stats. I can tell you that we tested it overnight on our tot with the extra booster added and it held up for 11 hrs with no leaks. It sure was soaked but it held up like a trooper!!
- Have ammonia issues? Concerned that your detergent might be causing the problem? Be sure to read the Cloth Diaper Geek’s Fact or Fiction post. She shares great tips and advice along with some facts from the leading detergent manufacturers.
Cloth Diaper Sales:
- Kelly’s Closet always has great coupon codes worth sharing! They also just REDUCED their shipping fees for standard shipping under $49. They always have FREE SHIPPING (standard US shipping only) on orders of $49. Right now they have 4 active codes to choose from including:
- BABYBUM code for a free $22+ valued diaper with purchase of $99 or more,
- CLEANDIPE code for a free bag of Ruby Moon detergent with purchase of $75 or more,
- FREEBOOK code for a free copy of the Changing Diapers book with purchase of $15 or more, and
- 2012ROCKS code to save 10% off your purchase of Rockin’ Green detergent.
Note: These offers have limitations and exclusions and may expire at any time. For additional details please visit Kelly’s Closet.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.