As a Floridian living in the Gulf Coast I’ve been paying a lot of attention to the disaster in the Gulf. I recently wrote about my love for the Gulf and why I call it home as a part of Love the Gulf. This disaster is even effecting my son as he reflects on the oil spill in his artwork.
This Monday I will be on an airplane during the Gulf Coast Relief Telethon that is taking place on CNN’s Larry King Live at 8pm ET. This two hour telethon will help the Nature Conservancy raise funds to help restore the damaged gulf coast. In a message from the Nature Conservancy:
The Nature Conservancy has launched the Fund for Gulf Coast Restoration to expand our work in the long term recovery of the Gulf of Mexico and key surrounding states. Money raised from this fund will help our scientists and staff devote their energies and expertise to aiding in the recovery of critical ecosystems – the future of oyster beds, marshlands and estuaries is now at stake. Celebrities lending their support to the telethon include Sting, Philippe Cousteau, Kathy Griffin, Ted Danson, Robert Redford, Harry Connick Jr., Aaron Neville, Anderson Cooper, Edward James Olmos and more. For more information about how The Nature Conservancy plans to help the Gulf coast, its wildlife and the people that depend on it please visit http://nature.org/restore.
How can you help?
– RSVP to our Facebook event, and encourage your friends to tune in at: http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=109267365787472
– Stay informed, follow our bloggers as they report directly from the Gulf: http://blog.nature.org/tag/gulf-oil-spill-tnc/
– Post updates to Facebook & Twitter. Use the hash tag #CNNHelpGulf.
– Tweet: Find out what you can do to help the Gulf coast by supporting @Nature_org http://nature.ly/bg1BfD #CNNHelpGulf #oilspill
– Facebook: Find out what you can do to help the Gulf coast by supporting The Nature Conservancy at the Gulf Coast Relief Telethon this Monday, 6/21. Link to: http://nature.org/restore
– Watch the CNN Telethon: http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/17/lkl-monday-2-hour-disaster-in-the-gulf-how-you-can-help-special/
– Make a donation, help our restoration efforts in the Gulf: http://support.nature.org/cnn
Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to have a plan with WiFi so I can catch some of the telethon from my phone.
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.